Archives for November 2015
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving spent with families and friends yesterday! While everyone is recovering from all of that turkey and pumpkin pie… take a look at Aucoin Hart Jewelers! The collection is filled with stunning engagement rings! Each piece is crafted delicately and with such intricate detailing! I absolutely LOVE these rings!! Check out my favorites…
Aucoin Hart Jewelers proudly presents to you this beautiful Halo engagement ring to start your future together with an unforgettable moment in your heart. This Modern ring with model number AB-3123 is crafted with Platinum.
Aucoin Hart Jewelers proudly presents to you this exquisite Halo, Three stone engagement ring to start your future together harmoniously. This Modern ring with model number AB-2965 is crafted with Platinum.
Aucoin Hart Jewelers proudly presents to you this luxurious Halo engagement ring to begin your future together harmoniously. This Modern, Milgrain ring with model number AQ-15312 is crafted with 18k white gold.
Aucoin Hart Jewelers proudly presents to you this beautiful Halo engagement ring to start your future together with an unforgettable moment in your heart. This Modern ring with model number AB-3005 is crafted with 18k white gold.
With Thanksgiving only a day away, it’s time for all of us be grateful for the things that make each and every day so amazing. If you’re reading this, there’s a good chance you have a spouse or significant other (or you will one day). There’s also a good chance that along the way, you both have stopped doing the little things to remind one another how you really feel.
Here’s a little fun fact about people: when someone feels unappreciated, they are less likely to go out of their way to do meaningful things for their spouse. Vice versa: when they feel appreciated for their efforts, they will keep doing more and more to grow that appreciation.
Are you picturing your relationship right now? No worries! We’ve come up with the cutest and easiest ways to remind your spouse just how lucky you are to have them in your life.
- Breakfast in Bed. It’s not just true for guys… the way to anyone’s heart is through their stomach. Besides, who wouldn’t love to wake up to their favorite breakfast in the comfort of their sheets? Exactly.
- Leave a Love Note. Even a short “I love you” will do. Simply leave the note in a place where they will find it throughout their day, and watch as their day instantly becomes better.
- Shoot Them an Email at Work. We’re all used to “I love you” text messages and, let’s face it, there’s nothing romantic about texting. Sending an email shows that you’re going out of your way, and will add an element of surprise. Be sure to mention that you were just thinking of them and wanted to say how much they mean to you. You’ll be sure to get a sweet email back!
- Give a Compliment. People rarely give sincere compliments anymore… Especially when it comes to the people we spend most of our time with. Tomorrow morning, mention how great her hair looks or how his shirt makes his muscles look big. They’ll feel the glow of the compliment all day, you’ll feel extra caring, and both of your days will be made.
- Plan a Date Night (on your own). Sometimes we forget that dates are for spending quality time together, not fighting about which restaurant to go to or who’s paying. One night, choose the restaurant, plan the details, and pay for the meal. When you aren’t constantly questioning your next move, you’ll be able to laugh and have fun together like it was the first time.
Image Credit: Breakfast in Bed
I had my first wedding dress fitting last week guys! I feel like it’s been forever since I have seen my dress and finally getting to try it on again (after 5 months) was wonderful!!! Going into that day I was really nervous that I wouldn’t love it as much as I did back in July or that it wouldn’t fit right. But everything went perfectly and I feel so much more calm about my dress now that I’ve seen it again.. and this time it’s actually my gown – not just the floor sample!
So today’s post is all about tips and things to keep in mind when you do your dress fittings. Alterations can be expensive and tricky so let’s make sure you’re prepared for them at the beginning!
- What to Bring: your shoes, your under garments, accessories you’re thinking about, etc. I haven’t decided on a veil or headpiece yet so I asked to try on different options they had available at the store. So now I can jump online and order the perfect length of veil and the right amount of sparkle for the head piece. Also, make sure to bring tissues because there may be some tears shed ;) and a camera!
- Who to Bring: I brought one of my bridesmaids that lives locally, but I originally was just going to go alone because my fitting was during a work day. Thank goodness I didn’t do that! I needed that second set of eyes to point out minor details… and I needed her to take pictures! That way I can see what the dress looks like from every angle!
- Timing: You probably want to have your first fitting as soon as the dress arrives. But make sure your final fitting is about 3 to 5 weeks before your wedding. That way you’re close enough that your shape won’t change too much (that’s right, no gaining or loosing weight from that point forward), but there is still enough time to fit any last minute details.
- SPEAK UP! This one is for all my people-pleasing brides out there (like me). If you see something that’s not laying right, or if you want the dress to be sitting up higher… say something! This may be your only chance to voice those concerns and the last thing you want to see in all your wedding pictures is that one wrinkle that you didn’t mention at your fitting in fear of hurting the seamstress’ feelings.
Random tips to keep in mind:
- Make sure your dress is, in fact, your dress when you arrive! Check the color, neckline, buttons vs corset, train, etc etc etc
- Make sure it fits and you’re feeling comfortable! You want to be able to dance and move and sit in your dress on your wedding day
- Have your MOH or Mom learn how to bustle your dress