If you’re a regular around the old social media block, chances are you’ve already experienced how apps like Instagram and Pinterest have revolutionized the Wedding World. Instagram allows weddings to be captured in real time and shared with the entire Instagram database through the use of a hashtag. Pinterest, on the other hand, has allowed brides from all over the world to share ideas and DIYs to create the perfect wedding day.
While, these days, Pinterest and Instagram are household names, there are several lesser known apps that can ensure the wedding planning process and the actual wedding day go smoothly.
- Wedding LookBook by The Knot (free)- allows you to search through over 9,000 wedding dresses to find the one that’s perfect for you. You can also find bridesmaids dresses, accessories, and wedding rings.
- myPANTONE ($9.99)- takes the trouble out of choosing wedding colors by formulating color schemes that harmonize.
- Appy Couple (free)- The perfect platform to record every detail of your wedding for your guests, from your love story to ceremony and reception information. There are hundreds of customizable options to ensure that each “app” is fit to the Bride and Groom.
- Wedding DJ ($7.99)- Create custom playlists ahead of time for every part of the wedding (procession, recession, cocktail hour, first dance, etc.) These playlists can be put on timers to ensure each song is played at the correct times.
- Wedding Party (free)- This fun app allows guests to take their own photo booth pictures or create their own custom GIFs (just provide the backdrop!)
- Wed Pics (free)- The easiest way to gather pictures from all guests at the wedding, even those without a cell phone. Pictures can be uploaded from phones and desktops. Prints can be ordered directly from the website and delivered straight to your door.