Traditional Wedding Anniversary Gifts
Need a modern twist on the traditional anniversary gifts PLUS anniversary help?
Check out our romantic, custom anniversary surprise packages here!
5 Tips for Planning Your Wedding Anniversary
1. Give the wedding anniversary gift or trip the PRESENTATION it deserves. Don’t just tell your spouse that you are going somewhere for your anniversary. Use a prop, video or leave a printed itinerary somewhere they wouldn’t expect to find it.
2. Pay attention and LISTEN closely! As it starts to get closer to your wedding anniversary put on your listening ears. See if your spouse mentions something s/he wants or somewhere they want to go. Perhaps you notice they are weighed down by cleaning, yard work or piles of laundry? Part of your gift can be giving your spouse more free time and having someone take care of that chore for him/her.
3. PLAN well. If your spouse has a busy weekend with your kid’s schedules or a significant project at work, don’t plan a night/weekend to celebrate during that “busyness”; they won’t be present or able to enjoy the anniversary. Even if your wedding anniversary passes, give a thoughtful card on the day of, and celebrate at a time that works best for you both.
4. If you’re in charge of planning the wedding anniversary this year, add in a SURPRISE that’s specific to what your spouse would appreciate (ie: Broadway show, a facial, horseback ride, etc); LOVINGLY PARTICIPATE without any complaints. However, since it’s a celebration of your marriage, also plan activities you love to do together!
5. NEVER PRETEND YOU FORGOT your wedding anniversary to pull off a better surprise. This will get you nowhere. Especially with women.
Ways To Spruce Up Your Romantic Wedding Anniversary
For busy professionals, moms and dads, and over-occupied couples alike, pursuing romance may not always feel accessible. However, every wedding anniversary represents another year of commitment and a reason to celebrate. Whether it is your 5th, 25th or 50th wedding anniversary, you don’t have to settle for a typical date. Any couple can make their anniversary special!
The Yes Girls™, our team of romance planners, came up with five doable ways to make your wedding anniversary celebration go from good to wow! These few, simple guidelines will not only make any romantic date even more exceptional but your romantic efforts won’t go unnoticed.
An unforgettable date or romantic getaway is worth setting aside time for. Get started on your romantic anniversary here!