4 Things MEN want when it comes to the proposal:
- Make it a surprise
- Want it to be special/memorable
- Want someone to set it up
4 Things WOMEN want when it comes to the proposal (and why):
- Intentional- While she definitely wants the proposal to be memorable, she ultimately wants to know that you know her better than anyone else, and details are the perfect way to do that! Choose personalized decor versus just pretty decor you find on Pinterest.
- The right location- Whether or not you propose in a private location, it should still be significant in some way or another. Did you meet at a winery? Does she absolutely love the ocean? Maybe you dream of getting married in the mountains together? Either way, the location shouldn’t be “random” or an after-thought.
- Photos- The proposal itself will be over within a matter of minutes, so women definitely want a photographer to capture the moment so that they can look back and remember exactly what the proposal looked like and how they felt!
- A story she can brag to all her friends about- As women, we LOVE love stories. We’re surrounded by them daily on Instagram, tv, movies, etc. so when it’s our turn to get engaged, we just want to feel like we have a beautiful love story that others will gush over!
Want a road map to planning her dream proposal? Feeling overwhelmed by these 4 things she would want in a proposal? No sweat. We’ve got your back. Check out our “How To” videos and proposal materials designed for your own proposal (as we take you from the perfect proposal idea to the smooth execution).