A couple of weeks ago we posted an article about ideas for your “something blue” in your wedding day attire. Well today is all about the “something old”! Here are some ideas that you can use in your upcoming nuptials :)
- Inherited jewelry: could be anything from your grandmother’s pearls to the earrings your sister wore in her wedding
- Bouquet brooch: maybe one of your relatives have a beautiful antique brooch that you can use to on the stems of your bridal bouquet!
- Bridal gown: although the 80s weren’t great as far as wedding gown fashions are concerned, you could take your mom’s bridal gown and have it altered to be more stylish in today’s standards and custom fit to you!
- Fabric: okay, maybe you don’t want your mom’s entire gown! But you could always use a piece of her gown and sew it into your dress.
- Veil: If a relative’s dress isn’t available maybe their veil is! How special would it be for your husband-to-be to lift the same veil that your grandfather lifted on your grandparent’s wedding day?!
- A Sixpence (or just a silver coin): The traditional rhyme about what a bride should wear at her wedding for good luck goes, “Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue, and a Silver Sixpence in her Shoe.”